Friday, June 8, 2012

We are getting closer!

In a little over a week, we will be headed to Tanzania, East Africa.

Africa.

I have been waiting to go to Africa for as long as I can remember, and now it's here. The 7 weeks we are gone will be filled with excitement, hard work, and being the hands and feet of jesus.
Romans 10:15 quotes isaiah and calls our feet beautiful if we're bringing the good news. That is good to hear. Even when I think that there is no way I am ready to go for 7 weeks to a place that I know so little about, to somewhere I can't possibly be prepared enough for, my chaco-clad, awkward looking feet are beautiful, and all because I am following the call of God to Africa.  Pretty awesome, right? That peace is my go-to verse for our internship.


Some of the things my pretty little feet will be doing in the next 2 months:

Going to London! (by way of Dallas and Chicago)- we have a long layover in London, so hopefully we will get to leave the airport, run around, and meet the queen. Dream big.

Getting to Tanzania. Finally. After over 2 days of 5 airplanes and meeting the queen, our internship will finally start. In london we will meet up with Nik and Krista, the other interns. Can't wait to meet them!

Language lessons- Well, I'm learning swahili. We will see how that goes. I barely speak english well.
Living with a missionary family- I feel like there is not much needed here in terms of explanation... I'm sure excited though!

Staying with a native Tanzanian family- I will be staying with a family for a short part of my trip with whom communication will be... (See above: Language lessons). This might actually be the part of the trip I am looking forward to the most.

Missing my family, friends, dogs, and the NBA finals. I can only imagine how tough all of those things will be, but it will all be incredibly worth it.


I think that is all for now, and that is probably all you would read anyways.
Please keep our internship and the people of tanzania in your prayers. Pray for open hearts for everyone involved.
-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment